Medical billing is not a simple process because it involves a lot of services to arriving at the preferred outcome like insurance verification, data conversion, claim submission, demo & charge entry, indexing, payment posting as well as revenue cycle management.
The accurateness of the medical billing charge entry process is often considered as the most important part of the medical billing process because it helps in deciding the amount of repayment that an insurance payer will pay to the healthcare provider.
Extreme consideration must be given to this step so that the charges from the coded documents are presented right and only a clean claim is presented to the payer.
Why charge entry is significant in medical billing?
You need to understand that even a small mistake in charge entry will have a great impact on the complete outcome.
Charge entry is considered very sensitive in medical billing. It is a division that is influential in attaining a thriving as well as efficient claim filing.
The accuracy of charge entry is known to play a fundamental role in achieving reimbursement. Remember that the amount of repayment is going to completely depend on how accurately you will make the charge entry.
Therefore, a perfect alliance between charge entry team and coding information can help in attaining sustainable development in the inclusive process of medical billing charge entry. In case, you are looking for the best company that can manage your outsource projects of charge entry then you can take the help of DataPlusValue who is an expert in offering different Medical Data Entry Services.
Different steps indulged in charge entry
When it comes to the charge entry process there are mainly two important steps:
- The entry of medical billing information: In this process, entering the billing information of patients is very crucial. The chief concern is the right data about the patient’s appointment.
- Assignment of charges for medical codes: It is the phase of the process which demands experts to be well informed about medical coding systems.
What factors are covered under charge entry?
There are several factors that are covered under charge entry including:-
- Diagnosis code
- Data on which service is rendered
- Place of service
- Referring to physician
- Billing and rendering providers
- CPT and number of units executed
- Date of admission
- Past referral or authorization
How to ensure that your charge entry process is helping and not hindering your revenue cycle management?To ensure this, you need to take a few steps:-
- Before into the system, you need to cross-check the information for accurateness that you have gathered about patient billing and visit information.
- At the time of the coding phase of medical charge entry, you should recognize all the common mistakes that are made by coders.
- You need to assure that team of medical coders has recent data on the standard medical coding systems.
- Thus, you can easily enhance your entire revenue by improving the charge entry process.